Oral Appliance Therapy
Sleep apnea often responds to oral appliance therapy, which prevents the conditions that cause airway blockage by holding the tongue or jaw in a forward position, keeping the soft tissues at the back of the throat out of the vicinity of the airway. The appliance feels similar to a mouthguard and is quite comfortable, which is why many patients prefer this treatment method over a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) mask that forces air into the airway to keep it open.
If you are experiencing symptoms of sleep apnea, call our office to schedule an evaluation. We can offer you effective treatment to eliminate your symptoms and reduce the health risks that have been linked to sleep apnea.
- No noise from machines or in-mask breathing
- Easy to clean
- Small and portable
- Convenient for travel
- No electricity required
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Reduce or prevent bruxism (grinding)
- No hoses to get tangled in during sleep
- No mask to cause skin irritations
- No feelings of claustrophobia